Monday, April 28, 2014

Hummingbird Dress - Hack into top and photo instructions

I had some if this black eyelet leftover from making my sister a dress years ago. I've been dying to use and it a top version of the Hummingbird Dress from Rabbit Rabbit Creations was the perfect fit.  I had to find something to go under it though....  I was hoping to use batiste or broadcloth but all Joann's had was Kona cotton. So, it's a little thicker than I had panned but it works. 

I made a size 2 so it will last Miss K all summer and maybe even into fall with a long sleeve underneath. I made duplicates of every outside facing pattern piece (one in eyelet and one in the purple) and serged all the edges before construction.  I cut the skirt 21" x 8", but next time will probably do 19"x10". 


Here are a couple pics of the back bodice constructions because I thought the original instructions were a little lacking. 

Final product!!








No comments:

Post a Comment