Sunday, July 13, 2014

Bookworm Button-Up - Make (Believe) from Pattern Anthology

Did you know that before this, I had never sewn a button-up shirt or used snaps?!?!  Melissa was probably sick of reassuring me by the end of this test but I was so worried that I was going to do it wrong!!  Follow the directions, you say....  Well, since this was out of my comfort zone, I did and was still worried. Why?  Not because the instructions lacked but because I couldn't visualize it.  After every step I was amazed at how this little shirt was coming together. If you've never sewn a similar shirt, you don't realize that your instructions are not quite the same as a standard tee. Haha, of course not!

Needless to say, I initially felt like I had bitten off more than I could chew and I really didn't want to ruin it. It was my mindset that caused me issues, that is the only reason why I would classify this as an intermediate pattern.  You have to have the confidence to follow the instructions to complete it. It sounds weird but, that's where I'm at on this.  I WILL make another one (several actually), and you need to make one/some too!  There are some amazing details that make this shirt to die for!!  Long sleeves, short sleeves, bow sleeves, roll-up sleeve tabs, several pocket options, standard back, overlapped back, high-low hem back. 









Haha oops!  I sewed the pockets shut. 
 
 
Links to the other pieces in the Make (Believe) collection here:  http://studio280stitches.blogspot.com/2014/07/make-believe-from-pattern-anthology.html

No comments:

Post a Comment